13 Mar Penyagolosa Trails HG postponed to October 17, 2020 because of the COVID-19
Tico Cervera regrets this postponement, even more “after all the work and effort we have all been doing for months, both the organization and the runners, but the priority is the health and safety of all and the current circumstances oblige to postpone the event”
The organization will not apply Article 19 of the Regulation and will save the place for October or April 2021 to the runners who were going to run the MiM or the CSP
Penyagolosa Trails HG has been forced to postpone the edition that was to be held from 17 to 19 April 2020 due to the crisis of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The event is postponed until the weekend of October 16-18, 2020. The director, Tico Cervera, regrets having to accept this postponement, after all the work that was being done, but the current circumstances force to postpone the event.
Numerous discussions and meetings with local, provincial, regional and state authorities have taken place over the past two days. The purpose of these was to analyze the situation in which we are immersed and the condition that it has for events like Penyagolosa Trails HG. The authorities’ recommendations follow those issued by the World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health and advise against any massive event because there is an increased risk of exposure and transmission of the virus. An event that brings together 2100 runners from nearly 50 countries and brings together thousands of fans throughout the race could be a big problem in a health crisis like the current one.
The director Tico Cervera explains that “from the organization of Penyagolosa Trails HG we regret having to be forced to make the decision to postpone the 2020 edition, but the priority is the health and safety of everyone. We are in a health emergency situation and we must follow the guidelines set out by the authorities and be responsible in such exceptional cases as this. In addition, he added that all of us who are part of the organization of Penyagolosa Trails HG have been working for months with the usual passion to organize the best possible edition. Just as we know that many of you have been preparing for this edition for months, with much effort and sacrifice. The preparations, efforts and anticipation that we all share, runners and organizers.
Penyagolosa Trails HG has also announced that it will not implement Article 19 of the Regulation, which speaks only of a partial refund to runners in case of cancellation of the event. Thus, the organization has decided to give the option to the runners who were going to run the MiM and the CSP, to be able to participate in October 2020 or April 2021. In the case that a runner decides not to run non of these, 50% of the registration will be refunded. In the case that places were released for the 2020 edition, they would be covered by the provisional list of the last draw. For the 2021 edition, there will be a new registration process and a draw, as usual.
In the coming weeks, an email will be sent to all the runners who already had their place to inform them of the deadlines in which they will have to decide which option they choose.