03 Dec 10 Reasons to Run in Penyagolosa Trails HG
Pre-registration period to Penyagolosa Trils HG is open. Runners who want to live this experience on April 18 have time to pre-register until December 8th. Here we explain what makes this race different, and provide 10 reasons to participate in the MiM or the CSP:
- Volunteers and clubs: Penyagolosa Trails HG is an event organized by mountain clubs and has more than 800 volunteers who make the race possible. Undoubtedly, they are the ones that make the Mim and the CSP possible.
- History: the history of Penyagolosa Trails dates back to the 50s of last century, when a group of mountaineers and hikers decided to reproduce the tradition of reaching Sant Joan de Penyagolosa from Castellón. In 1996 it was changed from an initial march of two days to a single day. From here the first Marató i Mitja emerged in 1999. When mountain races weren’t very popular in our country, the MiM was already organized and in 2020 will reach its 22nd edition.
- Pilgrimage Trails: The Penyagolosa Trails HG is a historic route. These paths have been pilgrimage and communication channels between people for centuries.
- The supporters: one thing hard to forget for those who have participated in Penyagolosa Trails HG is the atmosphere during the race, especially running through the villages. The province of Castellón supports the runners, to give them all the energy on their way to Sant Joan.
- Start lines: in just two years, the start of the CSP has already become a major event in Castellón. The city center is full of people who are constantly encouraging the runners. The MiM leaves from the UJI track stadium, leaving also iconic images.
- From the sea to the most emblematic mountain through breathtaking sceneries. The MiM and the CSP start in Castellón, at sea level, to go to the highest mountain in Castellón. The race ends at the Sanctuary of Sant Joan, an incredible place in the middle of the mountains. Before arriving, they pass through incredible landscapes, historical places, villages supporting the race…
- The finish line: precisely, in Sant Joan de Penyagolosa there is an explosion of emotions. The finishers always remember their arrival. A very special moment that is reflected in tears, angry gestures, hugs, kisses…
- Respect for nature and recovery of trails: the MiM and the CSP pass through Penyagolosa Natural Park, so participation is limited and lot of work is done to ensure that the races have the lower impact on nature. Environmental care is the main priority of the race organizers and participants. In addition, work is done to recover trails, and roads are cleaned to be used again.
- Logistics and services: the display of resources in Penyagolosa Trails is incredible. In addition to medical equipment, security, firefighters, masseurs, shuttle buses for runners, drop bag transfers… there are services that the runner appreciates a lot, such as the possibility of taking a shower in Sant Joan with hot water, having refreshments with numerous products or a runner’s bag so complete.
- A national and international reference: All these reasons have made Penyagolosa Trails HG better known nationally and internationally. In 2018 it hosted the Trail World Championship where the main runners of this sport were cited. Currently, Penyagolosa Trails HG is still in the main racing circuits such as Ultra-Trail World Tour and Spain Ultra Cup and is a scoring race for Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc and the Western States Endurance Run.
For all this, it is time to “Run with yours” and live with your friends, team mates, family… a race like Penyagolosa Trails HG. Remember, pre-registrations are open until December 8th!